The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.
The Various Unknowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

world coal prices

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lynk2510
Master Member
Master Member

Number of posts : 368
Warnings :
world coal prices Left_bar_bleue1 / 51 / 5world coal prices Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-21

world coal prices Empty
PostSubject: world coal prices   world coal prices EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:39 am

In 1984, world coal prices were dropping and the Japanese consortium requested a reduction in the price of coal from the Tumbler Ridge mines. As price reduction requests continued, the concern over the viability of the mines led the BC Assessment Authority to lower the 1987 property assessments for the Quintette mine from CAD$156 million to $89 million and the Bullmoose mine $70 million to $43 million.[9] This lowered their taxes as they tried to enforce the purchasing agreement at the Supreme Court of Canada. Their 1990 ruling required the Quintette Operations Company to reduce coal prices and reimburse the Japanese consortium $4.6 million. The company responded by reducing production, cutting employment, and applying for court protection from creditors. This allowed Teck to acquire 50% interest and take over management of the Quintette mine, but it was unable to stop further job losses.[10] As most residents left town, apartment blocks were closed and the mine companies bought back all but 11 houses in the town. After 30% of the workforce had been laid off, new contracts with the Japanese consortium were signed in 1997, allowing re-hirings to begin, but with lower export levels.[11] The North East Coal Development was projected to create a net benefit of CAD$0.9 billion (2000), but incurred a net loss of $2.8 billion and half the expected regional employment.[12]
magazine racks
Articles pour anniversaire de mariage
Back to top Go down
dohoangson
Novice Member
Novice Member

Number of posts : 8
Warnings :
world coal prices Left_bar_bleue5 / 55 / 5world coal prices Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-07-19

world coal prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: world coal prices   world coal prices EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 am

Back to top Go down

world coal prices
Page 1 of 1