The Various Unknowns
Welcome to The Various Unknowns!~
If you're a guest....join please! ^.^ It doesn't take long and it would make us happy.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Anna log

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Number of posts : 152
Humor : LOOK! A BUG!!!
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: The Anna log   Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:38 pm

Well, I suppose you ought to know a bit about me.

Name: Anna
Animals: Horses; Babe, Mac, Penelope, Doodle; Dog, Shiva.
Hobbies: Writing, reading, riding my horses, climbing trees, running around like mad in the woods. Yeah.
Other things about me: I live on a lake, near the woods, I hate Winter, Love Spring, Summer, Fall. I am currently taking driver's Ed. I have five brothers and three sisters.

Now, this log will probably have lots of horse stuff in it. Like my riding and stuff, so, I'll just accustom you to my horses. Meet:

Name: Fake I De
Nickname: Babe
Breed: Standardbred
Height: 16hh
Special skills: Can and will pull apart the stall wall by sliding one board off after another. Cannot now that all boards are screwed in.
Comments: An Ex-Pacer, Babe was bought by the Amish off-track and trained as a work horse. After being worked til life was not worth living, the Amish sold Babe at an auction where my parents decided to surprise me and my sister. (Truly, when she got to us, she was not skinny, but slow and didn't do a thing, she just sat in the pasture all day long, you could tell she felt so.) She is now happy and enjoys our rides in the muck fields, especially when we go bareback, she loves to run.

Name: Mac
Nickname: Pretty boy, or Mac the Pain
Breed: Paint
Height: 15hh
Special skills: Can open the gate but will not leave the pasture. Lets the other horses escape. Does not use this skill very often.
Comments: Total pain, he is afraid of the world outside his pasture. Does very well when ridden English though, which is very surprising. Especially since he was trained Western. He is a really good horse, and he is doing so much better.... Still won't leave the pasture by himself.

Name: Penelope (Pay-Nay-Low-Pay)
Nickname: Pene (Pay-Nay)
Breed: StandardbredxQuarter Horse
Height:16.1hh
Special skills: Can and will turn on water pump if not wired down.
Comments:Very pretty horse, and very good horse when ridden. SHe is my horse. She does not have near the stamina Mac did at that age, but we are working on it. She is very lazy and bossy. Likes people, but if they do not give her some treat, she will be sorely displeased and may, on occasion, bite you.

Doodle is a mini and therefore not rideable by me, so I will not bother putting him up cause I'm not the one to work with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Number of posts : 1050
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Omg, you have horses?? I love horses! =) I've always wanted a 15hh horse. =)

The 'Edit' button and the 'Report' button are your friends. Please use them. =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://various-unknowns.forummotion.com
dragonfir731
Administrator
God of Gods
AdministratorGod of Gods

Male
Number of posts : 196
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:00 pm

SAME!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zephyrus
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 1166
Humor : Miki.
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:35 pm

pale I'm scared of horses...

God of the West Wind
King of Truth or Dare
Thousand Faces
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://everythings.omgforum.net/
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Why?

I rode my first horse last year! Well, then again, I've only rode one horse...It was my first time ever and her name was Cleo! =) I got to trot around with her and she was so cute! =D I live in NJ and I live in a city-type place, that's why I can't have a horse.

Back to top Go down
Zephyrus
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:54 am

Horses don't get along with me. My mom yes. Me...no.

God of the West Wind
King of Truth or Dare
Thousand Faces
Back to top Go down
dragonfir731
Administrator
God of Gods
AdministratorGod of Gods

Male
Number of posts : 196
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:52 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:39 pm

XD Do you live in the country side though?

Back to top Go down
Zephyrus
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:27 pm

I live in a smaller town. I can't stand the big city.

God of the West Wind
King of Truth or Dare
Thousand Faces
Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 am

Ugh, I hate big cities. I used to live in a small town, but we moved to the horses in the country. Yeah, horses are pretty much awesome.

We went riding yesterday. Lizbeth took Babe and I rode Pene. Did fairly well, then we made a, fairly uncomfortable, discovery. Pene doesn't canter affraid . She can walk, trot, and gallop. But she doesn't canter. Instead she does this slow gait. It's really wierd. Each stride has two halves. The first half is smooth like a canter, and the second is really jerky and throws me to one side. Then next stride I get thrown to the other side. My insides complained, a lot. When I watched her shadow, it looked like her hind legs were trotting and her fore legs were cantering.

I have to ask UHB about this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Woah, yeah, that is weird...but then again, I've only been on Cleo for trotting and walking, that's basically it...

Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:06 pm

YAY! So far I have passed the classroom portion of the Driver's Ed and the Driving part! All I have to do now is go to the make-up class and take the Final Exam. Then I can get my permit and drive! cheers
Today we realized that every time we went on drives, people look at us like we are animals escaped from the zoo What a Face . Because of the sign on top of the car. And I met a Jerk Sad he was mean to me.

affraid Something ate one of our kittens. I came down to check on them, and one of them was fine, but the other was just a head. pale it creeped me out. We think El Jefe did it. But why would he? He left the last litter all alone. Maybe it was the fact that Calibou was stuck in Mom's room this time. That was really creepy though. A head... *shudders*

Going to camp in two more days... sort of excited. my little sister annoys me about it. She keeps asking me if I'm excited. I'm becoming less and less excited every time she asks. I know she's going to bother me all week. Ugh, why won't she just go away?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:40 am

Okay, so we found out what Pene was doing. She was four-beating. Meaning she's a lazy horseh. So, we worked and now she canters! For a few seconds before going off into a bucking spree. I don't think it's her saddle that is uncomfortable. She does fine in all other gaits. I don't know if this is just a behavioural problem or if something is hurting her. I don't think something is hurting her.
We've been doing a lot of trotting for stamina (Which, by the way, isn't going to well.) So maybe she doesn't feel comfortable cantering? I don't know, we'll have to work on it. But I must say, if she starts bucking just a little harder, since I don't have boots anymore, I'm going to fall off. I can stand some of it, but tennis shoes aren't going to keep me in place. (I know, tennis shoes are the worst thing to ride in; well, except for flip-flops. But my boots don't fit anymore and the fashion boots shanna got me. Let's just say, not going to work.)

I now have a trust issue with Mac, so I have to gain his trust. I'm working very slowly with him. But mom is all about giving him away. If she knew that he had reared up on me, he'd be gone in a second. She's that close! She already tried to give him to the missionary kids. I don't know how that went. But he needs to trust me. He needs to know that I'm not going to let the trees or the rocks hurt him. I'm only leading him right now, but I hope to be riding him soon.

Haha, Babe, we went riding all through the lake a few days ago. There is a ditch we call the black hole that runs half-way across the lake. I told her to turn, but she went right into it. Boy was she surprised! She was so shocked she stood still until I told her to turn around. Then we hit it again on our way back out of the water, haha. So I made her charge through it. Seeing as it was in the shallow end and it only came up to her knees. Laughing

I passed, I passed, I now have my permit. And only need forty some night hours. Lots of day hours though. silent I am sick of driving. I've been driving everywhere and I'm sick of it! If papa would take me in the Stick, that would be awesome! i want to drive a stickshift so badly. I drove it down the driveway (which is about a football field and a half long) And successfully shifted into second. I was pleased with myself. So I think I could totally drive a stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm making a 'Horse For Sale sign' now. Sissy wants to buy a horse and she would have to board it here. So Mac has to go now. It's okay though. We have been working on trust and he is getting a bit better. I haven't ridden him since that battle of wills. So I'm not sure about the riding part. But I hope we fix it before someone comes to look at him. Last time we were selling him, people kept saying no because he was too small. He is a pretty small horse. Just barely over the pony mark.

Pene is doing very well with her bucking. She's brought it down to a minumum and I am very happy with that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:18 am

Congrats on the driver's permit! =)

Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Thank you. Smile Welcome back from Maine.

Ugh, mom has been dragging me everywhere so I can drive for the past few days <_<. I'm supposed to do 30 hours in three months. I only have to do 59 minutes now. It hasn't even been two months yet. I am so sick of driving. I want to stop. As soon as I get this last hour in. I wanna be done til segment two.

I got Pene out today and I didn't feel like working with her. So we were just gonna spend the day in the lake. Then I remembered... Pene hates the water. So we decided to go run alongside the road. With many a bucking sprees and people gaping at us out their car windows, XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 am

Bucking sprees? XD

Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Yes, bucking sprees. She would start cantering and then take off bucking. A step down from last week. But workable. I haven't fallen off yet Smile

Nano is home! And he took us to GR art museum. And to see Wall-e. Good movie. I liked it. School is starting soon. Next week Tuesday. Soccer is starting next week Wednsday. I got new cleats Smile I luff them. All blue and black and white. I hope we have a good coach this year. We had a pretty good one last year, but the first year I played soccer, (two years ago.) We had a coach who didn't even know how to play soccer, nonetheless coach any sort of team, be it soccer or otherwise. The older girls had to teach us how to play soccer and they practically coached the team too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:19 am

I am totally going to miss my first soccer practice. I mean, there is no way I'm going to get there. I didn't know my brother's schedule, so I didn't know he worked until, like, 4:00. So i stay at school until he's done it takes him about 15 minutes to get to school and pick me up, and then we go home and that takes about, 45 minutes. and then It's 5:00 and soccer ends at 5:30. So what's the point? I'd get there at like, 5:15 cause I'd have to get ready too. Gah, I'm missing out on Swimming too. I might as well quit the soccer team too. Oh well, I'll talk to mom about it later.

I took Pene into the woods to explore. She did great. And I found the place I'm going to picnic with her during the school year Smile It's very nice and grassy. I took her twice into the woods. She stopped a few times, but with urging, she went on. She also got out yesterday. But when I went out to get her, she came right up to me. I was vair pleased. However, she doesn't lead without a halter or some sort of lead, be it a piece of twine over her poll. I think she's jumping the fence now. io mean, I knew she was jumping the fence between the two pastures, but I didn't think she would jump this fence. She also opens the gate. So that's another way she could get out. This time, they went through the gate. Doodle got out too. I don't understand, she is half Quarter Horse, physically, she shouldn't be able to jump four and a half feet. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it. But five feet? I don't know. It may just be the gate she's opening.

Babe is coughing badly and I don't know why. I think it could be the hay they are eating. I hope it stops when we switch the hay. We didn't think much of it, we only have four bales left of it. I hope she clears up soon. We have to get rid of one of the horses. I don't want it to be because one of them died.

First day of school! Was yesterday. Vair good day. I need to find two newspaper articles to bring to class tomorrow. Don't know how, but I'll find them. And today I have Creative Writing. Really excited about that. Can't wait. Just 50 more minutes. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 am

Mira wrote:
First day of school! Was yesterday. Vair good day. I need to find two newspaper articles to bring to class tomorrow. Don't know how, but I'll find them. And today I have Creative Writing. Really excited about that. Can't wait. Just 50 more minutes. XD

Cool. My school doesn't start until tomorrow. =)

Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:20 pm

I had my first biology lab today. It was awesome! I love my Biology class and my Creative Writing class. This is going to be a good semester.

My legs are still sore. It amazes me. Mac has gotten quite fat and when I sat on him for a while, I was not used to his width.

During my time online, I've been looking up my other passion.
http://autocars.setifaq.org/images/porsche05.jpg
Cars.

Beautiful Porsche.

http://www.supercars.dk/images/products/RC-9.gif
Amazing Peugeot.

https://2img.net/h/i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff55/broncito_18/2-fast-2-furious-nissan-skyline-490.jpg
Sweet Nissan.

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/images/Ferrari/ferrari-360-spider-1.jpg
And, beautiful Ferrari. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 am

Okay, first stuff from my Creative Writing class. We are doing Limericks. Ugh, I hate limericks. At least, writing them. Mine aren't any good. I believe this is my best one:

There once was a very large fish,
And to get a meal was his wish.
He noticed the worm,
And saw how it squirmed,
Then promptly became someone's dish.

Of course, it has to have a rythm. Which, I suppose, helps. But I hate them anyway. My second best:

She thought that he really had loved her,
Like her father had loved her mother.
Still she had found out,
And without a doubt,
Heard him tell friends of another.

They tend to lean toward the sad side, no? I have one more, but I'm embarrassed of it. And I'm turning them in today. Oh dear.

Woot! We got the playstation working again, and I restarted Final Fantasy VII. Greatest game ever. Though, I need to find a way to restore disks, they have too many scratches on it, at certain parts of the game, it is very glitchy. But, not bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbulb
Founder
Founder

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :
Color Ranks :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:27 pm

I think your limericks are wonderful. I can't even think of one...

Oh, I started playing Final Fantasy on the DS, but I have no idea how to play...*clueless*

Back to top Go down
Mira
Retired Staff

Female
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:18 am

Well, it really depends on what Final Fantasy it is. Though they all have an attack phase that is pretty much the same. I've never played on a DS before.

Thank you. We read some Limericks aloud yesterday. Some of them were definitely good. I'm glad I'm not in the same age group as they are for the contest, haha, I might have a chance this way.

Soccer went great yesterday, though I kicked myself no less than six times. With my left foot. Now it is swollen and painful. Though not so bad as last night. I did throw ins wrong, that's when I kicked myself. I dragged the wrong foot. Mad I can't believe I did that.

I just finished my lab homework. Phew, 45 mins. left before class. I had a busy weekend. I didn't have time to get my horses out at all! In six days! And I haven't seen my friends in a looooong time. Like, months long. And it makes me sad Sad << see how sad I am? I listened to Friends by Michael W. Smith and it made me cry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrison

Female
Number of posts : 75
Humor : B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Warnings :
5 / 55 / 5

Color Ranks :
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Oh! I heard that toothpaste was good for restoring disks with scratches, though I haven't tried it yet. I heard from a friend of mine that her friend did it, and it worked...but I wouldn't try it on your best disks, just in case. Ooh! FF7! I love it too...'specially Cloud and Vincent. ZOM i love Vincent. Razz

Hi! *waves*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anna log   

Back to top Go down

The Anna log
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Various Unknowns :: Hanging Out :: Journals-
Jump to: